The best way to tell your business story is through social media. You can set up a store on the photo sharing site. We have collected the latest statistics from the social network.
You will be able to fine- tune your marketing and get a better return on your investment with these statistics. Let's get started.
Instagram’s Users and Demographics
People all over the world use the photo sharing app. The following statistics show that it's true.
Instagram User Statistics: A Snapshot
There arePukiWikiPukiWikiPukiWikirs with 2.2o billion active monthlyPukiWikirs The platform is the 4th largest in the world. New avenues for growth can be opened by taking your business on the photo sharing site.
The Demographics of Instagram Users
Key findings from the most recent research can help you understand the demographic makeup of the users.
- 49.4% of global Instagram users are male, and 50.6% of global users are female.
- Users aged 18 to 24 make up Instagram’s largest advertising audience share globally.
Do you want to know the number of users in each age group? This is the break up.
- Aged 13 to 17—8.1% of Instagram’s total ad audience
- Aged 18 to 24—32.0% of Instagram’s total ad audience
- Aged 25 to 34—29.6% of Instagram’s total ad audience
- Aged 35 to 44—15.3% of Instagram’s total ad audience
- Aged 45 to 54—8.2% of Instagram’s total ad audience
- Aged 55 to 64—4.2% of Instagram’s total ad audience
- Aged 65 and above—2.6% of Instagram’s total ad audience
Here is a list of the countries with the most followers on the photo sharing app.
- India (230 million)
- United States (159 million)
- Brazil (119 million)
- Russia (63 million)
- Turkey (52 million)
According to Statista, men between the ages of 18 and 24 are more likely to use the photo sharing app. More than half of globalInstagram active users are under the age of 35.
Instagram Usage and Engagement
When it comes to user engagement, it's not a bad place to start. You can check the following data.
Instagram Activity and Engagement Stats
According to the research done by the group.
- 4 in 10 American adults use Instagram. And if you ask young adults (ages 18 to 29), 7 in 10 US adults use Instagram. So if you have products or services well suited for this age group, Instagram marketing can help you catapult your business growth.
- 59% of US adults open Instagram at least once a day, and 38% of American adults check the site several times a day.
The average internet user in the US spends over 30 minutes per day on social media.
Here are some key statistics from a study.
- Instagram users engage more than Facebook users. Instagram has an average engagement rate of 0.60%, while Facebook statistics indicate the platform has an average engagement rate of 0.15%.
- Users in the FMCG-food sector engage most. This sector has an average engagement rate of 0.96%. So if you are active in this domain, Instagram can be an excellent platform to engage with your audience.
- Instagram reels are your best bet to boost engagement rates. The average engagement rate for Instagram reels is 0.93%.
- Carousel posts are the second best-performing content type on Instagram. Carousel albums have an engagement rate of 0.47%. Video posts also have the same engagement rate (0.47%).
- Images have the lowest engagement rate on Instagram. Image posts tend to have an average engagement rate of 0.43%.
According to RivalIQ's research, the average engagement rate on the photo sharing site is 0.47%.
Instagram Stories and Highlights Statistics
People like to watch stories on the photo sharing site. The following statistics show the point.
- The popular photo-sharing app, Instagram, has more than 500 million daily active Stories users worldwide.
- Are millennials most suited for your product services? If yes, then Instagram stories can be ideal for your business as 59% of millennials watch Instagram stories.
There are two more stat on the study.
- Posting stories can improve retention rates. In fact, if you post up to 5 stories per day, you can have a retention rate of about 70%.
- If you have followers up to 5k, Instagram story viewers will watch up to 11 stories before exiting. However, larger Instagram accounts (more than 100K followers) have only 7 Instagram stories viewed before users exit.
A story frame is an image or video within a story on the photo sharing site. A story's success is determined by the number of frames. There is an exit rate of 12% for stories with a single frame on social media. The percentage of impressions that leave your story before it ends is called the exit rate.
Instagram Accounts and Content
Instagram Business Accounts Statistics
There are more than 200 million accounts on the photo sharing website. You will miss a lot of business opportunities if you don't have a business account on social media.
Businesses use social media to grow their brands.
- Though Instagram used to be popular among food, fashion, and lifestyle brands, now more diverse businesses are using Instagram. In fact, over 71% of businesses use Instagram.
- If you’re a fashion brand, you cannot afford not to use Instagram. This is because more than 98% of fashion brands use Instagram.
A majority of users follow at least one business account on social media. 70% of people like or don't mind advertisements when watching videos on social media sites.
70% of shoppers use social media for their purchases. Sharing shopping posts can help you make more money.
Sharing engaging video posts, reels, and carousel posts on social media can help you reach your customers when they are looking for products to purchase.
There are some useful data from FacebookIQ.
- 83% of users state that Instagram helps them discover new products/services.
- 81% of people use social media to research products or services.
- Instagram helps 80% of people decide whether to buy a product or service.
- If your business has a strong presence on Instagram, it can encourage your customers to persuade to buy from you. In fact, 87% of people take action after seeing a product on Instagram.
Do you want to know what people do when they see a product on social media? The product was seen on the social media platform.
- 79% of people search for more information
- 65% of people search business websites or app
- 46% of people make a purchase online or offline
- 31% of people follow the businesses’ accounts online
15% of American shoppers begin their shopping search on social media.
The majority of marketers use social media to promote their business. The second most used social media platform isInstagram.
Content and Hashtag Statistics on Instagram
To maximize the success of your social media marketing, you have to create engaging content.
The following data can help you plan your marketing on social media.
- An average Instagram post includes 10.7 hashtags. And 50% of Instagram posts include fewer than six hashtags.
- More is not always better regarding hashtags in Instagram posts. Engagement on an Instagram post tends to drop off after six or more hashtags are included in a post.
The answer is 3-4 if you want to know how many hashtags you should use. An average of 3.41% is the impression rate for posts on the social media platform. The average impression rate decreases if you use 5 to 6 hashtags. It's possible to learn some of the most popular phrases on the photo sharing site.
Do you want to know what types of posts are popular? Take a look at the following statistics from Statista.
- Carousel posts, which can include multiple photos and videos, can reach up to 2,325 users on average.
- If you post images, they can touch an average reach of 1,850 users.
- Over half of all users on Instagram prefer to consume funny content.
It's the best time to post on the photo sharing site.
- Mondays from 10 am to noon
- Tuesdays from 9 am to 1 pm
- Wednesdays from 10 am to 1 pm
- Fridays from 9 am to 11 am
Instagram Advertising and Marketing
It's possible to increase your reach and target people who are interested in the same products and services you offer by running ads on the social media platform.
If you want to plan your ad campaigns better, check the following statistics.
Instagram Advertising Statistics
The click through rate is 0.22%. The Stories ad has a click-through rate of 0.31%. Story ads are more likely to be clicked on than in-feed ads.
Do you want to know how much it costs to post on the photo sharing site? You can check the data from Wordstream.
- Instagram cost per click(CPC) can range from $0.40-$0.70. If you include a destination URL in your ad, the CPC can range from $0.50-$0.95.
- Instagram cost per engagement ranges from $0.01-0.05.
- The cost per thousand impressions (CPM) for Instagram can range between $2.50-$3.50.
Influencer Marketing on Instagram
If you're planning on running influencer marketing campaigns, you should consider the latest IZEA statistics.
- Engaging relevant influencers in your marketing campaigns can increase your sales. This is because 46% of customers buy products promoted by influencers.
- A post on YouTube and an Instagram story have the highest combo post price average of $13,025. A single influencer Story post on Instagram can cost you $906 on average.
In the US, it is the number one platform for marketing toinfluencers. More than 70% of marketers in the US use the social network for their marketing.
According to HubSport, the top-rated platform for getting the biggest return on investment for influencer marketing isInstagram. It's the easiest platform to work with, according to a survey.
The lifestyle and beauty category is the most popular on the social media platform. This is a category that many of the wealthiest people focus on.
Instagram’s Position Among Social Media Platforms
What do you think about other social media platforms? You can check the social media statistics.
Instagram vs. Other Social Media Platforms
The data from Statista shows that, when it comes to the user base, the photo sharing website is in the 4th position.
- Facebook—2.96 billion active monthly users
- YouTube—2.51 billion active monthly users
- WhatsApp—2.0 billion active monthly users
- Instagram—2.0 billion active monthly users
According to the social media industry benchmark, we have listed engagement rates by followers on different platforms.
The highest return on investment for selling products directly in the app is offered by the photo sharing service. You can check the data from the company.
There are unique advantages for businesses.
Take a look at the following statistics from a report.
There is a high return on investment for social media marketers.
Do you want to increase the number of people in your audience? The top platform to grow your audience is listed here.
- Twitter —6%
The Future of Instagram
The future of the photo sharing service is bright. In the future, brands will increasingly use social media to reach out.
According to the research firm, the ad revenue of the photo sharing service will be more than that of the social networking site.
FAQs: Instagram Statistics
What Are the Most Important Instagram Statistics for Business Owners to Know?
The most important statistics for business owners are about active users. You can use these statistics to plan your marketing.
How Can I Leverage Instagram’s Users and Demographics for My Business?
You should analyze the data to understand your audience's age, gender, location, interests, and behaviors. It will be easier to improve your marketing if you know your audience.
What Types of Content and Marketing Strategies Are Most Effective on Instagram?
It's important to create captivating content on the photo sharing site. As you can see, videos, and carousel posts are more popular than simple image posts.
Enhancing user-generated content, engaging with your audience, and roping in relevantinfluencers can boost the success of your social media marketing.
How Does Instagram Compare to Other Social Media Platforms for Business Marketing?
It's visual focus and better engagement rates make it stand out in the crowd of other social media platforms. B2B marketing, longer-form video content, and text-based messaging are some of the ways in which social networking sites excel.
Facebook has a lower engagement rate than other social media sites.
How Can I Stay Informed About the Latest Instagram Trends and Statistics?
If you want to stay up to date on the latest trends in social media, follow official resources, readReputable publications, and stay updated through industry reports and webinars.
How Can Instagram Stats Help Improve My Business’s Presence and Performance on the Platform?
Knowing the statistics about business users on social media can help you refine your marketing on the platform. Benchmarks are offered to compare your marketing results on social media.
How Much Time Do Instagram Users Spend on the Platform, and How Can I Capitalize on That Engagement?
Users in the US spend an average of 30.6 minutes a day on the photo sharing site. To take advantage of users' time, you have to create a compelling profile, share high-quality posts, and run paid advertisements. When people visit your profile, you can get new followers by looking at some popular bio examples on social media.
The image is called Envato Elements.More in: Instagram, Small Business Statistics