Joseph Graziano is a Certified Financial Planning Consultant.
Basic accounting and compliance work isn't enough for clients. According to a recent report, almost all of the surveyed accounting firms said their clients wanted more advisory services.
Many firms are hesitant to offer these offerings because they don't know how to market them
Where do you begin?
It isn't as complicated as you think. How to start.
Get to Know Your Clients on a Deeper Level
If you don't know who you're marketing to, you can't succeed with marketing. Existing clients are a good starting point. You should get to know them better.
Questions can be asked.
- What are my clients’ biggest pain points? How can I solve their problems?
- How can I become a one-stop shop for my clients’ financial matters?
If you provide services that appeal to your clients, you will find the most success. Most clients will want and need financial planning.
You can promote your services more effectively if you know your clients and understand their problems.
Identify Your Target Audience
It is still important to clarify your target audiences despite the fact that existing clients can give you some valuable insight.
- Pain points – what problems do they have, and how can you solve them?
- Needs – what does your audience need in terms of advisory services?
- Demographics – what is your audience’s age, profession, income level, and so forth?
You can develop personas that will help you craft messages that are meaningful to your audience.
Leverage Digital Marketing Channels
You can promote your advisory services once you have identified your target audience and gotten to know them. Digital marketing channels are one of the easiest and most effective ways to get started.
A strong online presence will help you reach more potential clients and demonstrate your expertise. You need to make sure that you are utilizing.
- Social media: If you’re not already on social media, then start creating accounts on the platforms your clients are using. Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook are great places to start. Be active on your accounts. Share valuable insights that showcase your knowledge and expertise. Don’t forget to engage with your followers or any potential clients who reach out on these channels.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): SEO will help improve your visibility in the search results for queries that your audience is searching for. A mixture of on-page SEO, content marketing, and off-page SEO can help drive more organic, targeted traffic to your website.
- Email marketing: Email marketing is a highly effective way to nurture leads. A well-crafted email campaign can help you educate subscribers on the benefits of your services and demonstrate the value they offer.
Building a website and using social media to promote your new offerings aren't the only things that go into developing a strong online presence. Establishing yourself as a thought leader in your field will help drive more targeted leads to your door.
Establishing yourself as a thought leader is difficult. There are many things you can do. As a few ways to start, consider the below.
- Host webinars
- Find opportunities to be a guest on podcasts
- Become published in authoritative outlets
- Write high-quality blogs regularly
- Offer insights on social media
The goal is to be seen all over the world so that potential clients can see you as an authority in your field.
Leverage Social Proof
You can talk but can't walk. Potential clients want to know that you have a successful past. If you want to convince existing or potential clients to try your new services, client testimonials can be used.
Use positive testimonials to your advantage. If you want satisfied clients to write reviews on your website, ask them. If they can give a video review, there will be bonus points.
Host Events That Offer Value
It is possible to establish yourself as a thought leader by attending events. The events can be done in person or online. Virtual events can be used to promote your services, educate leads and attract new clients.
Network to Form Strategic Partnerships
Marketing can be done through networking. If you want to build and nurture relationships with other professionals in related fields, make it a priority. Referrals can be used to find new clients.
Strategic partnerships can be forged through networking.
Advisory services are needed by your clients. It's easy to offer them, but it can be difficult to market them. Understanding your audience's needs is a good starting point. You can use digital marketing channels, establish yourself as a thought leader, host events and networks to promote your new offerings and grow your client base from there.
FFP Wealth Management has a vice president and a wealth management partner. FFP management helps manage over 2 billion assets. Out of dire need for accountants and financial planners to join forces in providing premium services to their clients, FFP Wealth Management was formed.