Businesses are always looking for new ways to engage with customers and build their brands on social media. TikTok, the short-form video app that has taken the world by storm, is a platform that could be used by car dealers.
While TikTok has historically been associated with younger audiences and more lighthearted content, some car dealerships are finding success by using the platform to showcase their inventory, build their brand, and connect with potential customers.
One example of an automotive retail professional succeeding on TikTok is Jesse Cannon-Wallace, a salesperson at Mercedes Benz of Atlanta Northeast, who has over 121,000 followers and over 6 million likes on her account.
Cannon-Wallace said that TikTok is bringing him new sales quicker than any other platform. As my platform grew, I was getting more appointments and clients.
Cannon-Wallace has used her TikTok fame to create a popular blog, grow to over 50,000 followers on social media, and have over 8000 subscribers to her Youtube channel.
BakersfieldHyundai is getting a lot of attention on TikTok. Thebakersfieldhyundai661 has gained a following of over 56,000 users and 3.7 million likes on the platform by creating fun and engaging videos that showcase its staff discussing car culture and lifestyle trends
AUDI Milwaukee is Wisconsin's number-one AUDI dealer for five years in a row. The store has a following of over 87,000 and over 2 million likes. One of the dealership's videos gained over 8 million views in 2021. The low cost of marketing on TikTok was emphasized by the man.
TikTok might not be the first platform that comes to mind when it comes to engaging with customers. It has many advantages over more traditional marketing platforms. It is possible for a well-made video to go viral and reach a larger audience than on other platforms.
TikTok is great for visually compelling content. Dealerships can use TikTok to showcase their inventory and highlight the unique features of their vehicles in order to create entertaining and informative content.
TikTok can be used to connect with younger customers who may not be reached through traditional advertising channels. Dealerships can build relationships with potential customers that will last for years to come by creating content that is relevant to younger audiences.
Anna del Villar created the Infographic.
Success on TikTok is not assured, and dealerships that want to succeed on the platform need to be thoughtful and strategic.
There are some tips for success.
- Find your audience and build an engaged community: Understand the interests and values of your target audience, and create content that speaks to them. The #CarTok community currently has over 44 billion views alone.
- Post consistently and as often as possible: TikTok videos should be short and to the point, with a maximum length of 60 seconds. Check out this free social media content calendar template from Hootsuite.
- Make your brand more discoverable: Incorporate trending sounds, hashtags, effects, and topics into your videos to increase visibility and reach a wider audience. Captions
- Be genuine: TikTok users value authenticity, so be sincere in your content and don’t be afraid to show your personality and quirks.
- Entertainment vs. selling: Content variety is essential for product promotion.
- Engage with your followers: Respond to comments and messages from your followers, and incorporate user-generated content into your videos to build community and engagement.
- Collaborate with other creators: Boost your brand awareness by partnering with other creators in your industry that can help you reach new audiences.
- Monitor your analytics: Keep track of your video views, engagement rates, and follower growth to understand what is working and adjust your strategy accordingly. (We love Sprout Social)