In order to encourage motorists to give up their cars and to raise awareness of the environmental, social and economic benefits of alternative transport options such as walking, biking or taking public transit, the government of the Cayman Islands is launching a Car Free Week in the year 2023. The Government wants people to submit bids for a marketing contract so that it can manage and promote the Car Free Week.
Some of the details of the marketing campaign are listed on the website.
- Contract value: equal to or less than KYD 25,000
- Length: month-long media campaign, to launch on April 21, 2023
- Focus: develop, implement and manage a week-long schedule of activities for 2023 Car Free Week and develop and implement a marketing campaign to promote alternative transportation options
Potential suppliers must be able to provide all of the deliverables in order to be eligible for a contract.
The Government outlines key deliverables.
- 2023 Car Free Week Schedule of Activities
- Cycling Lanes - Liaise with NRA and RCIPS to setup safe riding paths for cyclists
- Free George Town Shuttle Service to include sponsorship and advertisement, signage (magnetic signs to identify the bus and sponsors), and metrics detailing usage (people count)
- A free Park and Ride from the outer districts, to include sponsorship and advertisement
- Multimedia Marketing Campaign to promote alternative transportation options in the Cayman Islands to the working public, visitors, schools (students and parents) and businesses, promote the car-free pledge from individuals, schools, and businesses using the energy.gov.ky website and provide education on existing public transportation service (liaise with Public Transportation Unit)
The deadlines for the contract bid are important.
People interested in bidding on this media campaign project need to submit their bid via the Cayman Bonfire portal.
The Government says that bids will not be accepted after the deadline.Loop is better in the app. Customize your news feed, save articles for later, view your reading history and more. Click the links below to download the app for Android and IOS.