Looking for ways to convert more customers?
Do you want to learn how to make money?
You can identify opportunities to improve your content strategy with the help of a sales funnel map.
I moderated a webinars on March 8 with Wayne Cichanski, Vice President of Search and Site Experience at iQuanti, and Jill Perlberg, Vice President and Head of Content Strategy and Client Experience Marketing atNorthwestern Mutual.
They showed how to create relevant and valuable content for each stage of the customer journey.
There is a summary of the event. The entire presentation can be accessed by completing the form.
The customer journey needs to be moved from interest to action.
- Define your market landscape: Approach your research with data science and use intent themes and clusters.
- Create your user journey: Identify the personas and apply data science to the journey.
- Calculate your content gap: Check competitors’ topical depth and map existing URLs.
- Create a prioritized content plan: Be sure to engage in side-by-side workstreams.
1. Keyword Targeting Can Help You Define The Market Landscape
One of the best ways to define your market is by using the term landscape.
This is what you need to do.
- Look at your existing keyword footprint.
- Check which branded and non-branded keywords your website ranks for today. This data makes up the first component of your seed list.
- Notate your competitor’s footprints.
- Research keywords based on a head term or content cluster that neither you nor your competitors are ranking for. This will make up the master seed list.
- Group your keywords into sub-themes by intent. In the end, your goal is for one sub-theme to equal one page in your content strategy.
- Organize a hierarchy for them to create a content cluster.
Instantly access the webinars, learn what a seed list is and how it tells your success.Image created by iQuanti, February 2023
You can get an example of this process immediately.
2. Create A User Journey By Understanding How A User Searches
You can begin to create your user journey funnel now that you have your data, themes, and pulse on the competition.
This will help you understand what you need to tell your story.
- Start by compiling your targeted audience and personas.
- Understand their needs (a.k.a understand their search intent) across the entire funnel from the top (awareness) to the bottom (purchase).
- Map your persona across the entire journey.
Data science is involved in this area. You know what the consumer wants from you. Data science will show you where the biggest opportunities are.
You can find something now.
- Where you can gain market penetration and traction.
- What’s missing in your content arsenal to meet the needs of your consumer.
You will know what you need to make when you know your gaps.
It is important to create pieces that match the consumer's demand.
Find out where to find data science.
3. Build Content Clusters
Content clusters can be used to build the strategy.
A content cluster is simply organizing your theme data.
The goal is to get your audience interested in the content. Your audience will click, double-click, and eventually go down your rabbit hole when you do.
- Image created by iQuanti, February 2023
- iQuanti, March 2023
The right information can be given to you by clusters.
You can instantly access the webinars.
4. Calculate Your Content Gap
You need to calculate your content gap.
Step 1. Look At Topical Depth
There is a certain amount of content on a topic. Overall relevancy signals are influenced by this.
What should you have? You can learn in the on-demand webinars.
Step 2. Check Your Competition’s Content
How do you measure up against your competitors? Do your competitors emphasize different stages of the marketing funnel than you do?
Step 3. Map Your Existing Pages To Your New Theme Data
If you have any URLs published that match your topic cluster's primarykeyword, you'll want to check them out. Key content is missing if you don't have any.
It is very easy to find a content gap as you go through this exercise.
5. Create A Prioritized Content Plan
It's possible to create a robust process for publishing content once you know what needs to be changed.Image created by iQuanti, February 2023
It is possible to discover how to prioritize based on opportunity and difficulty.
[Slides] How A Customer Journey Influences Your Content Strategy
The presentation can be found here.
Join Us For Our Next Webinar!
Google Shopping: 5 Ways AI Can Increase Ecommerce Sales and Profit
The best hacks for digital marketers and business owners will be shared by the CEO of Bidbrain.
It's an image
The search engine journal has a featured image.